I have used this blog since my 2nd year of undergrad, and I have decided to keep it open and make it a place to reflect on all my learning experiences. So let the journey continue!
Hi Laura! It's nice to "meet" you! I think its awesome that you are so young and already have this wonderful small family :) I bet you have your hands full with the two little ones while taking graduate classes, but as I can somewhat relate, it is the strenuous and challenging times that make us grow and push us to our limits! Good luck in the rest of this class and the remainder of your degree! Thats so great that you are able to substitute teach in several local schools. Its so important to get to know as many people as possible and make strong connections for future job opportunities! As for the 3 facts, I think your favorite author is true, since you said you like to read, so I think that climbing the volcano is false :)
Danielle, believe it or not, I love school. I had really wanted to follow my classmates into a masters program after completing my degree in Elementary Education with a specialization in Library Science, but the timing just wasn't right. I was semi-burnt out after cramming all the hours in for the 2 programs, and I had some health problems. My hands are full, but its a "good" full! :)
As for my 3 statements, I'll be sure to post Sunday!
Hi, Laura! :) I know what you mean by "good" full! I look back at times and ask myself where have the years gone?! Before you know it, your two will be heading off to college, getting married, and you'll be a grandma! My folks always reminded me to enjoy every moment with the kids. I will pass that onto you! It is such a privilege to be a parent, but a lot of hard work, too. Pray for them daily - that they grow up to love Christ with all their heart, soul, and mind; and that they would be mighty for Him! Looking forward to a continued outstanding class! :)
Thank you for the advice. I try to remember, but when my two year dumps a box of cereal on the floor, or my 8 month old starts screaming over his bottle not being done, sometimes its hard to remember! Good to see you again in this class, we are in for a fantastic semester!
I think you love Mountaineer Football, you've never climbed a volcano, and you love Karen Kingsbury! You sound like a busy lady, so I'm going to guess you don't have a lot of time to do any of these things! I looking forward to learning with you :)
I actually have never seen a mountaineer football game. (maybe bits and pieces on TV) I was less than 20minutes from the stadium in my undergrad and never actually went. I made a quick blog post of my Nicaragua Volcano Climbing adventure so check it out!
Hi Laura! It's nice to "meet" you! I think its awesome that you are so young and already have this wonderful small family :) I bet you have your hands full with the two little ones while taking graduate classes, but as I can somewhat relate, it is the strenuous and challenging times that make us grow and push us to our limits! Good luck in the rest of this class and the remainder of your degree! Thats so great that you are able to substitute teach in several local schools. Its so important to get to know as many people as possible and make strong connections for future job opportunities! As for the 3 facts, I think your favorite author is true, since you said you like to read, so I think that climbing the volcano is false :)
ReplyDeleteHey Laura! Welcome! I don't think you climbed a volcano??
ReplyDeleteDanielle, believe it or not, I love school. I had really wanted to follow my classmates into a masters program after completing my degree in Elementary Education with a specialization in Library Science, but the timing just wasn't right. I was semi-burnt out after cramming all the hours in for the 2 programs, and I had some health problems. My hands are full, but its a "good" full! :)
ReplyDeleteAs for my 3 statements, I'll be sure to post Sunday!
Hi, Laura! :) I know what you mean by "good" full! I look back at times and ask myself where have the years gone?! Before you know it, your two will be heading off to college, getting married, and you'll be a grandma! My folks always reminded me to enjoy every moment with the kids. I will pass that onto you! It is such a privilege to be a parent, but a lot of hard work, too. Pray for them daily - that they grow up to love Christ with all their heart, soul, and mind; and that they would be mighty for Him! Looking forward to a continued outstanding class! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the advice. I try to remember, but when my two year dumps a box of cereal on the floor, or my 8 month old starts screaming over his bottle not being done, sometimes its hard to remember! Good to see you again in this class, we are in for a fantastic semester!
DeleteI think you love Mountaineer Football, you've never climbed a volcano, and you love Karen Kingsbury! You sound like a busy lady, so I'm going to guess you don't have a lot of time to do any of these things! I looking forward to learning with you :)
ReplyDeleteDitto to Holli's comments. I don't think you climbed a volcano either. Welcome to the class!
ReplyDeleteI actually have never seen a mountaineer football game. (maybe bits and pieces on TV) I was less than 20minutes from the stadium in my undergrad and never actually went. I made a quick blog post of my Nicaragua Volcano Climbing adventure so check it out!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!
ReplyDelete