Thursday, September 3, 2015

EDUC 633: Theory Video



Hey there! This is my Video Blog post for Module 2. Please avoid all the background noise, my little boys are sick and were up most of the night, so I bribed my 2 year old with Kung Fu Panda.The joys of motherhood! :)







BALABAN-SALI, J. (2008). DESIGNING MOTIVATIONAL LEARNING SYSTEMS IN DISTANCE EDUCATION. Turkish Online Journal Of Distance Education (TOJDE), 9(3), 149-161
Keller, J. M. (1987). Development and Use of the ARCS Model of Motivational Design. Journal Of Instructional Development, 10(3), 2-10.
Keller, J. M. (2000). How to integrate learner motivation planning into lesson planning: The ARCS model approach. VII Semanario, Santiago, Cuba, 1-13.

4 comments:

  1. HI Laura,
    I love hearing your babies in the background!! Thanks for examples of how you would change instruction to better align with theory. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback! I try to do homework when they are preoccupied or asleep, but sometimes its just not possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the disadvantages of the model according to Marovitz & Buckley, (1988) Results from administration of the lesson as well as the teacher survey suggest that the four factors of the ARCS model are intricately bound together, so that isolation of any one factor for prescription purposes may be detrimental to overall motivational effects (p. 1).
    Reference
    Marovitz, M. E., & Buckley, J. (1988). Integrating ARCS Motivational Theory into the Component Display Theory of Instructional Design. Reports - Research; Speeches/Meeting Papers, 21.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerome, thats interesting that you can't separate them out. I havent had much experience using the theory for real, but I guess before attempting it, I would want to take plenty of time to plan it out so I got the affect I was hoping for.

      Delete