Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blogging with Fairview

Within the experience of blogging with 5th graders from Fairview, I had fun interacting with them, and helping them make their education a little more fun.
I forgot how little a student writes in the 5th grade, typing may have been an issue within some of the misspellings. They write complete ideas, but they don't develop them as much as I thought they would. I think most of my concerns with blogging with my students lie in the dangers of having children out on the internet, but as technology increases and advances, I think the paranoia that parents once had of children using technology has gone down some. I know my parents didn't like me on social networking sites, and still do not like the idea of children on the internet. I'm still not sure what role blogging will have in my classroom, I think it will depend how parents react to these ideas, I was impressed that the site we used did not use names to make it a little more anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment