Monday, September 5, 2011

Where I'm From

I am from books and music
and I am from crayons
from starry nights and fireflies
and the changing of the seasons
I am from mercy, love and grace
from prayer and trusting his plans
and living the best I know how

I am from family
through blood, and through friendship
and sisterly bond which cannot be broken

I am from new beginnings
and new experiences
I am from family tradition
a reunion that has run for 84 years
From 10 branches
Grew over 200 people
Born in the home of the Liberty Bell
steeped in the tradition of Western Maryland's rolling hills
and raised on West Virginia’s winding roads

I am from Romney WV
home of apple orchards
the Deaf and Blind School
the Potomac Eagle
the first literary society
and West Virginia's oldest County

This is where I am from


1 comment: